If you're planning on going camping, then you'll need to make sure that you have the best tents for shelter during cold or rainy camping days. But with the many brands you can choose from, which one is the best?
This is where the Best Ozark Trail tents come along. These tents come in quality materials that were made to last. But under Ozark are other tent models as well, which might even make it more confusing to make a decision on what to invest in.
So if you want an affordable tent with all the strong features you need, I help you out and show you the top seven best Ozark camping tents to consider.
Last update on 2020-09-13 at 12:06 PST - Details
What You Need To Know About Ozark Tents?
Ozark is a brand that offers quality camping equipment, specializing in both value and quality in their outdoor equipment and tents. They were named after a trail in Missouri, inspired to create quality camping equipment based on the standards of both beginners to professional campers.
Designed to offer comfort and protection no matter where you are in the world, Ozark tents come in various sizes and shapes made to keep you and your loved ones safe from any extreme elements when camping.
Based on research, testing, and overall customer reviews, here are the top seven choices on the best Ozark Trail tents:
1. For The Large Family: Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Tent
- Not for purchase by California residents due to state restrictions.
- One center door and two side doors offer separate entrances for added privacy
- Six windows and two side doors for increased ventilation and panoramic views
- Taped fly seams prevent leakage
- Fits 3 queen air mattresses with room to spare
Last update on 2020-09-13 at 12:06 PST - Details
The Ozark Trail ideal for up to ten people, making it ideal for a large family or grip of friends. It's got three rooms for extra security and privacy. It fits in three queen-sized mattresses and still has spare space for walking around.
- Six windows for better ventilation
- Comes with taped fly seams and rain fly so no leakage
- Comes with a zippered bag for easy transport
- Height of six feet when assembled, so standing in the tent is easy
- Very quick to set up
- Dividers aren't very sturdy
- Ends will slope so not much space around the corners
- Only water-resistant
This Ozark Dome Tent is very spacious, has an adequate amount of windows for extra breathability, and it can withstand hot weather or rain.
2. For Groups Of Friends Camping For More Than The Weekend: Ozark Trail 12-Person 3-Room Instant Cabin Tent
I like the fact that this Ozark Trail Tent looks as attractive as it is spacious. It's also known to set up in under two minutes because of its pre-attached poles. The tent keeps its promise for a hassle-free and quick assembly since all you need to do is unfold it and extend.
It can fit ten to twelve people with separate rooms you can create with room dividers.
- Comes with AC ports
- Large front space to enjoy the sun under shade
- Seven windows for breathability
- Only takes two minutes to set up
- It has a power flap
- Not much luggage space
- Material isn't very strong
- Mosquito net has gaps
- Hard to repack
While it does have its drawbacks, I believe that its ease of assembly and adequate space makes it worth the investment.
3. For the Large Group Of People Who Want A LOT Of Room: Ozark Trail Base Camp 14-Person Cabin Tent
Now, this Ozark Tent is the ULTIMATE camping tent you need for the huge group of friends because it can fit up to 14 people with ease. It can create up to four rooms and has the quality material and ventilation for comfort and protection. Its mesh roof also keeps away bugs while still keeping you cool and dry.
- Has a LOT of space inside
- Can take rain without leaks
- Adequate standing height with extra storage space
- Removable roof fly
- Electrical port to add extensions
- Heavy tent- But considering it's a big tent that fits 14 people, it's understandable
- Hard to pack up
I can't deny that this is the best and biggest tent I've ever encountered. While it's a bit heavy, its cons are understandable but still make it a great buy.
4. For A Simple Solo Backpacking Tent: Ozark Trail 2-Person Hiker Tent
If you're backpacking alone or with a partner, then you'll want a smaller tent rather than to lug a hefty tent while going up the trail. With the 2-Person tent, you'll have an easy time walking around with its lightweight material. It's easy to assemble and very cozy to sleep in.
- Adequate storage space built for up to two people
- They have pockets for gear and small accessories
- Electrical port for easy access to extensions
- Cozy and easy to assemble
- Zippers are a bit tricky to use
- Floor isn't well-protected by moisture
If you're going solo backpacking and need a tent that's comfortable as it is easy to setup, then this is a great tent. With extra storage space and an organizer to quickly put your stuff in, it makes a lovely choice for travelers.
5. For The Small Group Of Friends: Ozark Trail 4-Person Instant Dome Tent
If you're going out with a small group of friends but still need something lightweight and easy to assemble, then this instant tent is the one for you. With pre-attached poles, it only takes a few minutes to have it ready for you to sleep in. It has a rain fly, but the floor might be too thin for comfort and leaks.
Also, it's more suitable for two to three people, though you can still squeeze one more person inside.
- It takes minutes to set up and pack
- Many colors and designs available
- Big windows and roof vents for breathability
- Walls are durable
- Might leak when under rain for a long time
- A bit small for four people
- The floor is thin
I would recommend this tent for beginner campers easy to bring and pack up; it's ideal for three people with easy setup. Plus, it has an attractive design anyone would appreciate.
6. For Families Who Want More Features In Their Tent: Ozark Trail 6-Person Instant Cabin Tent
This tent can fit up to two families, and you can set it up to less than a minute. It can fit in two beds with three windows for extra ventilation. The removable rainfly enables you to go stargazing as well.
BUT, the floor might not be very durable, so make sure to camp on softer terrain without rocks underneath.
- Takes less than a minute to set up
- Comes with electrical port access point
- Has a mesh roof to ward away bugs and for better ventilation
- Has a ceiling storage for small accessories
- Floor material isn't durable
I would recommend this tent for small families and groups of friends planning to camp in campsites with soft ground. The floor material may not be the strongest, but it has the features any family needs when camping out!
7. For Families Who Want An Affordable And Big Tent: Ozark Trail 8-Person Instant Cabin Tent
The last but not least of Ozark's best Trail tents would be the 8-person Instant Cabin Tent. It's similar to the 6-Person Instant Tent I mentioned earlier but has more space and ventilation. Another bonus feature would be its 78" height capacity for better comfort.
BUT, the floor material may be a bit flimsy, so it's best to invest in a ground tarp for durability.
- Easy to set up
- Has a rain fly mesh roof
- Right standing height
- Adequate space with room separators
- Affordable price
- Hard to pack up
- Not the best for extreme weather condition
- No room for light source on ceiling
Though it does have its drawbacks, they are only minor and can be improved through investing in other cheaper tent accessories. With its affordable price and adequate spacing, I can say that it's worth the price for a group of up to six people.
The Best Ozark Trail Tent
I reviewed seven of the best Ozark Trail tents, but which one is the grand winner out of all the ones I chose?
The Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent is great for families with enough room and breath-ability. But, it isn't for the warm weather.
If you want to use something for yourself or a partner, then the Ozark Trail 2-Person Hiker Tent has the lightweight and easy-to-set-up features. Plus, it's cheap and great for simple trails. For a slightly bigger group, go for the 4-Person Instant Dome Tent.
The Ozark Trail 12-Person 3-Room Instant Cabin Tent is VERY spacious and easy to put up. Plus, it has a lot of features for ease of use, such as an electrical hook-up and AC port. I would say it wins the third prize.
If you're a small or growing family, then the 6-Person Instant Cabin Tent is the second best. It can handle any type of weather and enough space for a small group of people.
The Ozark Base Camp is the biggest tent of all, fitting up to 14 people. It doesn't have AC ports, but it's very easy to setup and comes with a rainfly, making it suitable for viewing the night sky. It might be a bit too expensive, but if you pitch in with all your friends, then it comes at a great value. It's the best of all tents for me!
While the bigger tent is the best for me, it would have to depend on what you need. Consider how many people will be housing the tent and where you'll be camping before purchasing any of these tents.
Last update on 2020-09-13 at 12:06 PST - Details
BONUS: What Else You Should Invest In
Besides the Ozark Trail tents, consider investing in any of these equipment and accessories to have an even better shelter when camping:
Replacement Parts For Ozark Trail Outdoor Equipment
1. Coleman Replacement Fibreglass Tent Pole Kit
Ozark Trail tents will always come with tent poles, but it's best to always have a replacement or backup just in case you forget to bring them or accidentally break it. Coleman offers strong and quality tent poles that can keep your tent up no matter the weather elements!
2. Coghlan's Tent Pole Repair Kit
If you don't have room for extra pole kits just in case they break, then you can always bring a pole repair kit to easily fix broken poles in case they get damaged when on the way to the campsite. Coghlan offers a great set of repair kits that will efficiently and easily have you repair your pole kits in no time.
The repair kit comes with a cord, wire, ferrules, and washers to begin the repair.
3. Coleman Tent Repair Kit
While Ozark Trail tents are durable and can withstand any weather, it does have its limits. Sometimes, it can break from tears due to accidents, or the weather can be that severe to create leaks and holes. Either way, it's best to always have a tent repair kit to stay prepared.
Coleman offers the repair kit to work with ANY problem. It includes the poles, mesh, and tarp you need to keep your temporary shelter covered and protected.
Essential Accessories For Camping Tents
1. 12V Portable Air Conditioner For Camping
The summer heat can get pretty unbearable, may it be during the day or night. Instead of sweating uncomfortably during hot summer nights, invest in a portable air conditioner to keep cool while you sleep.
2. Coleman Tent Stake Kit With Mallet And Puller
Assembling your tent can be such a hassle, especially if you're just a beginner and working on a hard terrain. Coleman tent stake kit can help you when setting your tent up, since it comes with a mallet to hammer the stakes, and a puller to pull it up easily. This works for any type of tent, including ones that come from Ozark.
3. Coghlan's Mosquito Netting
If ever your tent is open or you'd like extra protection, then a mosquito netting is vital. Summer brings a LOT of bugs and mosquitoes, so to avoid those bugs from coming into your tent and leaving bite marks, Coghlan has a strong and breathable mosquito netting you can easily add in your tent.
I hope that this article on the best Ozark Trail tents helped you become more knowledgeable with what you need when camping. So what are you waiting for? Invest in the best Ozark trail tents today and plan that memorable camping trip today.
If you have any questions or would like to share your own reviews on the best Ozark Trail tents, then comment down below! I would love to hear what you have to think.