Amazing Quick And Simple Way
On How To To Pitch A Tent (2019)
One of the most exciting activities you'll be interested in would be camping. After all, it's got a ton of health benefits and fun experiences you and your family would love!
There are a lot of things you'll need to learn when camping. You'll realize that there are some necessary terms to understand so you'll become more knowledgeable about what fellow campers do outdoors.
One of these statements would be "pitching a tent".
But what does pitching a tent mean? To help you out, we give you an extensive guide on the meaning of this phrase, as well as how to pitch your own tent.
What Does Pitching A Tent Mean?
According to FamilyTent.Expert pitching a tent means that you are assembling your tent on the campsite. To pitch is to erect or build, so when you pitch a tent, you are building it up for shelter.
When a fellow camper says that they will be pitching a tent, it's time to set up camp and install your tent for shelter.
Many people pitch their tents upon arrival, or after a short break from trekking. This is to avoid assembling it during the dark. It will also help them rest under comfortable shelter quickly.
Plus, once your tent is pitched, you can focus on other aspects in the campsite, such as food.
Pitching a tent is quite easy, depending on season tent, the type of tent you have and the terrain you assemble it on. But we’ll get on to pitching a tent later on.
Importance Of Learning How To Pitch A Tent
Knowing the phrase "pitching a tent" and pitching the tent itself is beneficial, whether you are a top camper or beginner. Here are some of the benefits of learning how to pitch a tent:
- Knowing the statement "pitching a tent" will lessen the confusion when in the campsite. You know what they mean, and you'll be able to begin assembling your camp immediately.
- Assembling the tent yourself will lessen the hassle of having other people do it for you. You won't need to depend on others and be able to do it on your own, practicing when camping solo.
- Pitching a tent will give you shelter from the hot rays of the sun, or cold weather when snowing. Whether it's strikingly hot or raining cats and dogs, you are protected with a good quality tent.
- You can sleep with ease and comfort, knowing that your tent is properly pitched. It's a comfortable way to camp, as you are shielded from small animals and any other environmental factors that disrupt your rest.
- You get to learn a lot of values once you know how to pitch a tent. You become more patient and learn to follow instructions easily.
- Tents are an affordable piece of shelter that can be transported anywhere, and they are very easy to assemble. It's why they are one of the most popular pieces of camping equipment.
How to Pitch a Tent: The Basics
Okay, you may now know what pitching a tent means, but how exactly can you pitch a tent?
When you purchase a tent, there are a set of instruction manuals that comes with it. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to pitch any tent in no time. But how, exactly? Here are some tips to follow:
1. Search for the proper terrain that won't damage your tent and makes it easier to set your poles in. Find areas rich in soil and that have dry surfaces. Also, find a campsite that has no creatures roaming around! Your space should have a lot of space, keeping yourself at least five meters away from other tents.
Pitch your tent away from any campfires and opt to use bushes for shelter. However, do NOT pitch under a tree! Clear the area and ensure there are no safety hazards around or above you.
Make sure that you choose an are without any slopes. If ever you need to pitch your tent on a slope, then position yourself in a way that you sleep with your heads uphill. Also, face east if you choose to have an early start, waking up to the sunrise.
2. Make sure that you have everything you need to pitch the tent before you leave the house. Here are the following materials you need when pitching a tent:
- The tent itself
- Tent poles for pitching
- Tent footprint
- Tent pegs
3. Once you have all the materials laid out and it's time to pitch the tent on the campsite, make sure that you follow the manufacturer's instructions and that you secure it with the tent pegs.
If you plan on camping on wet ground, use the footprint to avoid moisture from seeping in the tent. Secure a rain-fly to avoid leaking roofs if it rains.
When setting up your tent, make sure that you guide the tent poles into the sleeves slowly. That way, you don't tear anything. Bury your tent's stakes at a 45-degree angle and away from your tent, with a depth of about two-thirds.
Furthermore, to avoid any accidents during the night, keep yours stakes visible. You can do this by wrapping colored tape and to stretch your headlamp, placing it outside.
4. If it's your first time setting up a tent, then consider getting help from your pack or anyone in the campsite who can assist you. This will help you learn about how to assemble the tent on your own next time. It's also best to ask for help when handling a large tent.
5. Before pitching it on a campsite, practice pitching your tent in your home or backyard. This is to make sure that your tent is in good condition and you won't have a hard time figuring how to pitch your tent when on the campsite. Read the instructions when practicing to pitch a tent.
Even if you have pitched thousands of tents, it's best to reacquaint yourself with the instructions so you know what you're doing.
6. Once your tent is set up, don't go in just yet! Double check everything and make sure that all knots and clips are secure to avoid it from flying away or getting damaged by the weather or other environmental factors. After that, you're done and can relax!
Read more about waterproof your tent here
How To Purchase The Best Tent For Pitching?
Before knowing how to pitch a tent, you will need to make sure you invest in the best camping tent!
If you're a beginner and know nothing about how to choose the best camping tent for you, then here are some factors to help you out:
How many people are you planning to house? If you plan to camp by yourself or with a significant other, then there are tents good for two to four people.
If you are a whole family, then you can purchase tents that have separate rooms and accommodate huge groups!
Material And Design
Make sure that the tent is made out of durable polyester or nylon to withstand any weather condition or terrain. You'll want to invest in something long-lasting and won't damage easily.
Make sure you do your research and read up on customer reviews before choosing your tent. The more positive, the better. Consider reputable brands and ask trusted sources, such as fellow campers.
You wouldn't want to break your savings account investing in the most expensive tent, but don't scrimp as well! Set a budget based on an average and fair price, ranging from $50 to $150 for a quality tent good for a family.
There are a lot of things to learn when camping. From trekking to the campsite down to packing up, you'll be able to have a memorable experience so long as you are knowledgeable about the different terms and what to do.
Hopefully, this article answers your question: "What does pitching a tent mean?"
With the right knowledge of tent products, you'll be able to pitch your tent with ease. So what are you waiting for?
If you want to begin camping, then let this article guide you the whole way through.
Did you enjoy the article or have any other things to say about pitching a tent? Then comment down below! We would love to hear what you have to think.