Camping can be fun if you get involved in different activities. It doesn’t matter, where you are camping- a tent or an RV. It’s just the place where you snuggle at night. There are many simple activities family members, kids and even partners can indulge in when backpacking outdoor.
Activities will keep you lively and abuzz during free times. There is no need for you to pack extra things to keep yourself entertained. Try out playing new games with your buddies to keep yourself refreshed at various sites you camp.
Let’s have a look of few ideas about what fun things to do while camping.
Fun things to do in the rain
Maybe due to unexpected weather or perhaps someone is not feeling well; you will be forced to spend time indoors. But there are plenty of fun things to do in the rain with your family or friends
- Play cards – Cards can be easily slipped into your backpack. You can play rummy or other card games like Uno or Quiddler with your friends while staying indoors.
- Watch a movie in your iPad – You can watch any of your favourite movie or series in your iPad.
- Reading – During night using a flashlight, you can read your favourite book. If you have a magazine, flick through the pages while lying down in your tent.
- Play board game – hanging inside with friends playing a board game like chess or snake and ladder is a perfect way to pass the time when it’s raining outside. Make some yummy hot chocolate or coffee and sip while playing games.
Fun things to do at night
The actual fun while camping starts when the sun sets. It’s time one can draw closer to their dear ones. When the night comes, and dark settles, experience awesome night time activities with family.
- Make an amazing bone-fire – camping is incomplete without enjoying bone-fire. If you have collected enough fire-woods, lit them up and sing a few campfire songs. You can also read a few ghost stories loudly to excite your kids. Try out one of the easiest dessert, camp-fire cones and have them with your children.
- Play your favourite instrument – Pull out your guitar or any other instrument and play a few notes while singing around the campfire. You can play a melody so that your camping friends can dance with the tune.
- Stargazing with your partner – if it’s a late night but not feeling sleepy, you can go for a hushed nighttime walk with your companion. It’s great to gaze up at the stars outdoor in search of constellations and relish the beauty of the open sky.
- Going for a night walk holding a lantern – If you are ready and looking to be thrilled out for something adventurous, go for a night walk with the gang. You may use a lantern or flashlight if you wish, and explore the route around the site where you are camping.
Fun things to do with your partner
If planning for a romantic camping trip, then there are many activities couples can get involved to bring your partner closer. Also, let it be an unforgettable backpacking experience for the couples to keep their love life alive.
- Take a dip – If you are camping near to a beach or lake, couples can enjoy swimming together. Soak up the sun and enjoy having sandwiches and chilled drinks together.
- Cook a meal together – Getting involved in activities like cooking will help couples to know more about each other’s appetite or palate. You can prepare a simple meal together but make sure you have backpacked essential tools.
- Drink wine near the fire – couples can build a fire together which can make each other come closer. When the fire is blazing, settle down both of you close to each other, sipping a cosy glass of wine together.
- Bring your pet: why not? Read more about Camping with your dog
Fun things to do when camping with your boyfriend
- Rent a bike – to explore the area or city where you are staying; the best option remains to hire a bike. Cycling together will help to cover more places than on foot. It’s a great way to spend hours together and doesn’t forget to try out from the local eateries.
- Hug and curl together – If it’s a summer month, nights can be cold and breezy. Make sure you bring a sleeping bag with you so that both of you can cuddle together. Hold each other, look into her eyes and talk about your dreams.
- Go for snorkelling – If you are camping near to the beach or other water bodies, couples can go for snorkelling to view the aquatic life underwater. You may find attractive plants, pretty small fishes, shells, rocks and rare special of aquatic animals underwater.
Fun things to do when camping with your girlfriend
- Dance on your favourite tunes - Couples should take advantage of camping together by performing activities that can bring your partner closer. You can bring portable speakers to the camping site and play your favourite tunes during your leisure time. When the sunset, turn on the music and dance holding each other’s arm.
- Enjoy fishing together – If you are camping at a place where fishing is legally permitted then pack up fishing poles too. Don’t forget to bring the worms. Fishing is fun and refreshes your mind. To make it more interesting, you may use different types of bait and find out who gets more bites — Cook the fish for dinner.
- Go for bird watching – To stay fit, its great option for couples to go out nearby areas in search of animals, birds, and insects. It helps you to know more about nature or surrounding you. For bird watching bring binoculars with you. Don’t forget to capture the moment and post it on Instagram.
- Read More About: The Top 7 Outdoor Folding Chairs In 2019 – A Complete Product Review!
Fun things to do in adult camping
There is fun-filled activities accessible for adults that could make them feel like a kid again. Even grown-up guys can get involved in camping activities.
- Play party game charades – If a group of friends are camping together, playing the party game charades can be exciting. Divide the players into two teams and one team should act something which can be the name of a movie or anything else. The acting character shouldn’t talk, and the other team should guess. Play the game ahead of a campfire.
- Name the song – If a group of musicians are staying together, the game “name that song” can be played, as it is an entertaining activity. Play different songs and ask them to guess. You should play songs which are quite popular. There is a chance of someone who hasn’t heard them.
- Two truths and one lie –This camping activity offers great fun if it is played between groups of friends. The game remains easy to play. Each person has to speak out two truths and one lie. Ask other players to guess the statement which is the lie. Remember, you should be creative when speaking out statements.
Camping is all about leaving behind all worries, entertained, loving the nature and getting closer to one’s partner. Camping activities are to spend some quality time with family and friends. Make sure you have an open mind with a good attitude to make the vacation an unforgettable one.